January: there is a very calm feeling outside.
In our 7 horseshoes (we say “horseshoe” to each piece of land where we grow vegetables, they are curved and half-circle shape like a horshoe).
It’s time to do the year-planning for our vegetable garden. Before that, we need to evaluate how it was this past year.
We made a list of topics to start to think and write about it. Based on that results, later on we will do a new plan for this 2014.
Vegetables: (make table, time planted/sowed) (in advance)
– How well did the vegies grow? Where there any surprises? Good or bad?
– Certain varieties that grow well or poorly?
– Pests/diseases? What did we do? Did it worked?
– Did we eat everything harvested?
– Do we need more or less from certain vegies (strategie)? What to plant and what to buy?
Different works: Did it work well or not?
– Preperation soil
– Sowing inside/outside
– Maintenance: weeding, watering, specific work
– Harvesting vegies and seeds
– Conservation and storage
– Workload→ garden too large or can we go bigger?
– climate, landscape, water, soil, pollution…
Learn for next year and celebrate the food we had from our garden!
Nele with carrots from October